Newbees can get stuck in various places in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The following tips you can use and follow if you are new to the Witcher world.
- Remember that unlocked abilities must be activated. The number of skills slot is very limited in th beginning of the game In the beginning, if Geralt wont be able to use any ability or skill you should not add those. Investing on the strength points is a good idea for basic attacks.
- Plan your character development carefully. Unlocking the strongest skills costs many points so most of them won’t be available for you for a long time.
- It is wise to support whole skills group with mutagens.Kill monsters, like drowners, they will give you mutagens at the beginning of the game. Remember about correctly selecting colors to increase the effect. The mutagens can be very useful at the start of the game.
- Don’t be afraid of selling items you don’t need.Â At first you wont have any problem filling up your bagÂ thoughÂ , but when you run out of space in the inventory it is quite burdensome, but remember you can always call on to your horse and ride it to any merchant and sell you’re stuff.
- Try to find as many signposts as possible. If you are traveling and see a road leading to some village go to it and unlock the traveling location , this will make your life in Witcher 3 very easy.
- Looting chests, boxes or ant other container should be your habit especially when you come across to some hardly access place or hard to reach in any hidden location. Inside you will find blueprints that will allow you to craft new weapon or brew new potions.
- At the part of the storyline where (after leaving the White Orchard and before journeying to The Isle of Mists), some quest will get canceled automatically by the game.Those locations are not impossible to find and It doesn’t mean you won’t be able to return to those locations – they are still available through the signposts.
- Take some time to learn how to dodge. The dodging in this game is very important, you wont be able to defeat big number of enemies without dodging and planning your attack
- It is a good idea to unlock the skill that allows you to block bolts with the use of the sword.When Geralt is fighting humans crossbowmen are very dangerous. it is hard to notice from which side you are receiving damage. Upgraded block solves that problem.
- Don’t waste your time on risky battles with horse riders when you’re not riding the Roach yourself.Â Use the Aard sign to put the enemies to the ground.
- Each killed enemy gives you experience points which are very usefull in the later game , kill as many monsters as you get in the way.
- You gain a new level after getting one thousand exp points until you reach 10th experience level. Next price increase starts at level 21, starting with level 11, gaining new one will cost you 1500 points.